Please see our information pack in the resources section
Frequently Asked Questions
01/ Buying & Selling
- What do I need to explain to my Agent/buyer?
- What if I purchase or sell through AuctionsPlus?
A copy of the Sale Confirmation Notice generated from the AuctionsPlus System should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. On Approval of the placement, Agrifunder will work with your Agent and the Operator to prepare and/or finalise the placement
- What if I don’t use a Livestock Agent?
If an Operator does not use a livestock agent, it is the Operator’s responsibility to advise the purchaser at sale that proceeds must be directed to Agrifunder
- How do I manage selling my tops and tails?
We understand that not all of your livestock within one placement may be ready for sale at the same time. It is therefore possible to sell the tops and tails of any herd/mob as early or late as required (note: extension fees may apply)
- What is the maximum placement term?
- Is the option to redraw available?
Provided the facility is within terms it can be used to fund additional livestock placements
- Can I repay my facility with Agrifunder before I sell the livestock?
You can do this with no penalties. Once the Agrifunder facility is repaid you will take ownership of the livestock
- Will you have a right to caveat/ mortgage clause in the documentation?
Yes we do – it will be taken where an event of default occurs or is deemed to occur
- Do you take a mortgage?
Typically not, but depending on your circumstances and the limit requested our credit team may seek additional security to support your application
- Does Agrifunder require a Guarantee?
If the application is not at a level where there are acceptable credit metrics we may ask for equity support via a guarantor or where a corporate relationship applies between individuals and a trust or company, a guarantee may be sought
- What security do you require?
As part of the funding process we take ownership over the livestock and use the livestock as the security. We register this interest on the Personal Property Security Register (PPSR).
Appropriate guarantees and additional security may be required depending on your personal circumstances.
- What occurs if only partial proceeds are received?
If 100 cattle are funded and 50 sold Agrifunder takes payment for 55 (10%) to reduce the placement balance. This is to mitigate any shortfall at the completion of the placement due to mortality or poor growth rates on the tail
- What happens if clients take out feed costs?
We do not fund feed. Agrifunder must be paid before third parties
- What happens when a processor sends the funds direct to a client?
The client has to pay into our account as soon as possible and interest keeps accruing until we receive the funds
- What is the timing of the margin payment?
Typically within 48hrs of the funds being received into our account
- Livestock are funded in placements and cannot exceed a maximum trade of 365 days. What would the process be if they did not satisfy this requirement?
The funding would have to be rolled over which means the interest would have to be paid and we could refinance into another loan. AF then make an assessment as to what period of time it will be extended
- What is the process of extending livestock placements?
Written request to be considered by Agrifunder in context of the size of the placement. We may require a farm/stock inspection and weighing amongst other things
- What happens if there is a loss made on a trade?
If there is a loss made on a trade a shortfall sits on the facility and the client continues to accrue interest on the facility until it is paid by the Operator
- Do you require an inspection of properties on lease country/agistment/feedlots. Is there a formal approval process with this?
Yes, third party properties will need to be inspected and proposed for Agrifunder acceptance. This will include property detail, carrying capacity, 3rd party management capability assessment. Inspection can be undertaken by an authorised representative
- Why does Agrifunder encourage the use of RFID tags?
Agrifunder encourages the use of RFID tags from the perspective of greater livestock monitoring efficiencies on two fronts:
1. Greater capacity to monitor stock at an individual rather than mob-based level
2. The ability to track stock at an individual level allows us to provide our customers with more detailed performance reporting regarding their trades and livestock performance
- Will this impact my relationship with my bank?
Agrifunder livestock funding is an alternate source of capital to traditional bank finance. It supports improved cash-flow to help your business grow without impacting your existing bank arrangements
05/ Livestock Agent
- How do I know if Agrifunder livestock funding may suit my clients?
Some key questions to ask to clients:
- Does the producer need capital to fund trading stock?
- Do they have trading experience greater than 12 months?
- Are they fattening/finishing stock within 12 months?
- Are they trading >$100k of stock per annum or looking to grow beyond $100k in trading?
- Do they own the property on which stock are held? If No, will the owners of the leasehold/agistment sign a right of entry?
If the answers above are 'Yes', please feel free to call us to discuss your client’s needs or direct them to contact us via our website www.agrifunder.com.au or phone 1800 247 438.
- What is the application process that my clients need to follow for Agrifunder livestock funding?
For Agrifunder to better understand your client and their business we undertake a Credit Limit Assessment:
Step 1: Client completes Online Application
Go to www.agrifunder.com.au/apply to fill in the required information.
Paper applications are available on request
Step 2: Client provides supporting information
After submitting the online application, Agrifunder will require the following information:
- Statement of Position (template available via the online application)
- 2 years Financial Accounts and Tax Returns (most recent within 18 months)
- Rates Notice for owned property where livestock will be held
- Certified copy of your Trust Deed (if applicable to your borrowing structure)
- Certified copy of relevant individuals Driver’s Licenses
Step 3: Agrifunder completes assessment
Agrifunder will complete the assessment within 2 business days of receiving all required
information. On successful outcome, required documentation is issued and the client is
provided their online account login to commence trading etc.
Please note: the assessment MUST be completed before stock arrive to the property
otherwise the related invoice may not be paid. On request it can arranged to apply security
before assessment is completed if a sale opportunity is imminent.
- What happens if clients decide to sell through another agent?
We view our relationship with our agents to be a mutually beneficial one and encourage our Operators to sell Agrifunder livestock through their primary agent
In the event that an Operator does not sell through their primary agent we require the Operator to advise this prior to the purchase
- What do I need to know when dealing with Agrifunder invoices or account sales?
1 . Direct all Invoices and Account Sales to: email@example.com
2. Invoices and Account Sales must be named as follows:
[Client] as agent for Agrifunder Pty Ltd ABN 52 622 246 486
(full company name and ABN must be noted)
3. PIC movement of livestock must be completed before invoices will be paid
4. For any new agency or account details, verbal confirmation of your bank details must be completed prior to payment for fraud prevention purposes
5. Payment of Agrifunder livestock must be applied directly to the Agrifunder account;
Name: Agrifunder Finco No. 1 Pty Ltd
For any questions or support, please contact the Agrifunder Operations team on 1800 247 438 or at firstname.lastname@example.org