Environmental, social and governance (ESG)
From a producer, investor and industry level perspective, Agrifunder appreciates the value of integrating environmental, social and governance (ESG) analysis into all business decisions
Agrifunder recognises animal welfare as a material issue for our business. Proper management of livestock is imperative for the success of our customer’s business and our own business. In line with this we require all Australian producers to adhere to the following standards, guidelines and code of practice where relevant as outlined in our Operating Contract:
- Australian Animal Welfare Standards and Guidelines for Cattle
- Australian Animal Welfare Standards and Guidelines for Sheep
- Australian Animal Welfare Standards and Guidelines for Land Transport of Livestock
- Australian Animal Welfare Standards and Guidelines for Livestock at Saleyards and Depots
- National Beef Cattle Feedlot Environmental Code of Practice
- National Guidelines for Beef Cattle Feedlots in Australia
- National Procedures and Guidelines for Intensive Sheep and Lamb Feeding Systems
Agrifunder understands the importance of sustainable natural resource management. Consideration of livestock geographic concentration is a key part of the Agrifunder Operator approval process and climate mitigation strategy.
Agrifunder will only enter into Placement Contracts within predetermined districts as defined by the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) that meet Agrifunder parameters. This is intended to ensure an appropriate geographic spread and allocation of capital.
For further information regarding our ESG policies please contact us here